Extra support for customers during Covid-19
We’ve expanded the support available for customers during the current pandemic. These measures are in addition to the support we already offer. Information about all the support we offer can be found here.
We’re continually reviewing the support we offer and urge any customer struggling to pay to get in touch, let us know and find out how we can support them.
Additional support we’re offering
We know the current crisis will have a financial impact on many of our customers so we’ve increased the support we offer to people in vulnerable circumstances.
- Three-month payment breaks for any customer impacted by the virus
- Automatic renewal of support tariffs so customers don’t need to worry about reapplying
- Accepting referrals to our priority services register from trusted third-parties, such as councils, emergency services and Citizens Advice, and family members
Registering for support
Given the unusually large volumes of calls we are experiencing, the best way to contact us is:
- Via email to email@example.com
- Through our website at southernwater.co.uk/account/help-paying-your-bill or southernwater.co.uk/account/extra-help-and-support
Existing financial assistance programmes
- Essentials provides a discount for customers on low incomes or pension credit
- WaterSure caps bills when a customer on means-tested benefits has a water meter and meets certain criteria, such as having certain medical conditions or 3 children under 19
- Water Direct allows Jobcentre Plus to pay Southern Water directly from a customer’s benefits
- NewStart helps reduce debt for customers who owe money or haven’t made a payment for a while
Customers may be eligible for multiple financial support schemes, depending on their circumstances. More information about all of these, including the criteria for them, is on our website at southernwater.co.uk/account/help-paying-your-bill