A message from Edwina Livesey
Worth Park Garden – Whats On – 28th May 2017
Dig out those old bell bottoms, slap on the salad cream, top up the Tupperware and kick off the sling-backs. It’s time for the Worth Park Vintage Picnic, a celebration of all things 20th century on the 70th birthday of Crawley New Town.
- Professional dance display with Swingdance UK
- Learn to dance and join in!
- Vintage photo booth
- Lemonade served from a genuine 1954 bus by Crawley Youth Service
- Vintage craft makes – create a floral picnic centrepiece and a photo frame
- Baking competition – create a cake to celebrate 70 years of Crawley New Town
- Gardening workshops
- 20th century pop music sung by three Crawley choirs
- Poetry trail – part of Crawley WordFest
- Croquet and vintage games to play
- Vintage artefact handling and photo display with Crawley Museum
All free – no need to book.
Delicious home-made cakes, teas, Pimms cocktails and home-made lemonade will be for sale.
Some 70th birthday cakes will be sold in aid of St Catherine’s Hospice.
Why not dress up as your favourite decade? Prizes for the best dressed! Elvis has not yet left the building…
If you’d like to be involved in the baking competition or the planting workshops then please get in touch for more information. Further details to follow.
I very much look forward to seeing you at Worth Park on Sunday May 28th.
Participation Officer – Worth Park
Crawley Borough Council
Town Hall, The Boulevard
Crawley, RH10 1UZ
Worth Park – A Unique Victorian Garden and Landscape